Nurikabe is a fun puzzle! Get a taste of nurikabe with our sample puzzle below. Before you start, here are the rules of Nurikabe:
- You can only fill in empty cells. These represent the water between islands.
- Filled cells must all be connected together in one group
- White cells must be continuous and form what are called 'islands'
- Islands are composed of the number of cells stated
- Every island must contain one value of number only, repeated in each cell of that island
- Islands must not touch other islands (that's why they are islands!)
- Four cells in a 2x2 square cannot all be filled
Armed with the rules, have a go at this sample nurikable puzzle. Mark filled cells by pressing 'X' in them. Press 'X' again to clear the cell if you make a mistake. To mark the shape of the islands, enter the relevant value in each cell of that island. For instance, to mark out the shape of an island with 4 cells, enter the number '4' in each cell that is part of that island.
Check My Solution
Not already a member? Join the Puzzle Club now...